Using old T-shirts destined for the Thrift Store, I made my own fitted diaper this morning. First I drafted a pattern sort of following some instructions I found online, but honestly once I got the drift of how to do it I just did my own thing, creating my own pattern. It worked well this way because it was perfectly tailored for my baby! Once I drew out a pattern, I cut it out in a couple of T-shirts and then used the selvage to make a sew-in insert. The following are pictures of parts of the process.
I think it turned out really cute!
It fit her really well!
Now, I need to make a diaper cover. I don't own a diaper cover--well I have one but it's awful so it doesn't count. I just got some PUL and hemp fleece and microsuede fabric in the mail from diapercuts.com and I'll be making a cover soon! Yay!!!