Sunday, March 28, 2010
Thank You, Franklin Goose!
Franklin Goose has done an extremely generous and risky move. They've offered $5 store credit for each item you review until the end of March. It has been met with OVERWHELMING response--so much so that they are backlogged 2-3 weeks with shipping, according to the estimation on the site. I'm sure that they're taking a huge paycut--and will for awhile--due to the fact that they're sending a lot of product out and not necessarily getting much cash for it right now. I, for one, did not spend a cent, even on shipping, on the order I so hastily made with my $FG. With their extreme generosity in mind, and remembering how we have benefited from their kindness, let's do a couple of things for them:
1) Make a pledge to yourself that you will try to support their business in the future and buy from them when you have to actually shell out some $ of your own.
2) Bank some of that store credit. Doing so will give you an extra 10% of what you "made" making reviews. I wish I'd thought to do that. I jumped the gun and ordered stuff from them right away. But the rest of what I have I'm going to at least save for later use--even if I don't have the patience to bank it for 6 months to a year.
3) Be honest. Don't review products you haven't used. That's just rude, and doing so is taking advantage of their kindness. Don't let greed get the best of you. Put yourself in their shoes and do to them what you would have others do to you.
4) Be kind. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, and leave nasty comments or rude emails because they're taking a long time giving you THEIR stuff for FREE
5) Spread the word! Add a button to their blog. Write a post. Try to repay their kindness by letting people know what a great store they are and what awesome products they have!