So, I've been diapering with cloth for about 8 weeks now and I've just hit a new milestone. Stripping. My lovely bumGenius which never leaked for me before began to leak like crazy. Now, I normally wash my diapers with two cycles--one wash on cold with 1/4 the suggested detergent for a non-diaper load, and one wash cycle on hot/cold with no detergent. For stripping them I did as suggested from some of my research and after washing the diapers with regular detergent as I normally do, I did a "rinse" with some dish detergent in it. After washing with dish detergent you're supposed to do as many rinses as it takes for there to be no bubbles in the wash... except that I have a front loading washer so that was hard for me. I rinsed it twice and then just counted them done. But apparently that didn't work because they leaked this week as well. So, my new regiment is as follows:
One regular wash with 1/4 the detergent used on non-diaper washes.
One regular wash with a small amount of dish detergent.
One regular wash with nothing.
One regular wash with 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
We'll see if it works!