My Etsy Shop for over a month now. I'm doing well--averaging about one sale a week so far which has been able to buy my daughter's birthday present for her upcoming first birthday. So, I think it's time. I think it's time I gave away one of my things. Yay!!! Do I have to? Probably not since you all subscribe to my blog anyway, but I want to because it's fun. I love giving away my things to my real life friends, so why not give them away to my cyber friends as well!
I've decided to give away one of my wool soakers because I feel that lots of cloth diapering mamas out there are scared of wool. It just doesn't LOOK like a viable option for a diaper cover. I mean, especially hand-knit stuff because it's got all those holes in it! Well, that's what I thought anyway. But wool is amazing because:
1. It's absolutely all natural. God knew how to keep his sheep (his literal sheep :-P) from getting wet by giving them amazing wool coats infused with lanolin. Why not use his awesome creation to keep our baby's bottoms comfy?
2. In the summer, it's the absolute best option for your sweaty little one because it's the coolest most breathable option.
3. But since it's wool, it's optimum for the winter months as well!
4. Seriously, though, my favorite thing about wool is that when my Bunny has a diaper rash, all I have to do is put her in wool and some all natural prefolds or fitteds and the rash eases gently away with no need to use any creams or salves on her little bum.
5. And I also like that you can use a wool cover for about 2 weeks before having to wash it. It seems counter-intuitive because the inside definitely gets soaked with urine after a good pee and once it's aired out and dried, there is no scent of urine. I mean, God really endowed sheep with an amazing and naturally protective outer layer. Why not use His ingenuity on our precious baby bums?
6. One more thing I love about wool is that it feels humid when wet. It won't leave messes or even wetness on the things touching it such as your hip or your baby's onesie, but it gently lets you know when it's time to change your baby. I have to admit that sometimes I need this reminder.
So with that in mind, I am offering a custom knit item. It can be wool shorties, a wool headband, wool soaker--I am offering any type of knit thing that you find in my shop and I'll make you what you want in the size you want and color you want. I'll even applique anything you want on it such as a puppy dog face, a rose, or ruffles. In return, I ask one thing of you. Please advertise this giveaway and my Shop for me. That's all. No need to follow or even tell me what you think about wool. Just advertise for this hard-working WAHM.
So here are the "official" accepted entries. (please include your email with at least one of your comments)
5 entries for blogging about it--please mention this giveaway and my shop's web address including one of your favorite items that I'm selling. Leave the URL to your blog entry in your comment.
1 entry for each tweet that you write (limit one per day)--mention either my giveaway or my shop as I realize you may not be able to fit it all. Leave the URL to your tweet in your comment.
1 entry for each time you mention it on your facebook status (limit one per day)--please mention this giveaway and my shop's web address. (leave the URL to your FB status in your comment)
...and since I want you to buy my adorable stuff...
10 entries if you buy something from my shop. :-D
This contest will run from today, August 2 until Friday, August 20th.
In return for your kind advertising, one of you will win a custom made, handknit baby item--either a wool soaker, shorties, headband, or baby hat.
So, enter away. You just may find you'll fall in love with wool!