Friday, March 25, 2011
A New Twist to Prefolds
Before I had snap pliers from Kamsnaps.com, I had successfully added velcro to some prefolds and found that was a viable option when Bunny was small. But she's bigger now and opening velcro is one of her favorite pastimes. So, I decided I'd experiment with snaps. (Remind me to do a proper tutorial on this someday soon). I laid my daughter in the prefold and adjusted it to fit her, then made pencil markings where the back and the front of the diaper met, and added snaps to those spots. Later, I added a couple more rows of snaps both in the closure "tabs" and the front row to accommodate growth. Here are some of the finished products:
They worked so well that I've started adding snaps to all my prefolds. If I want to, I can still use them the old fashioned way, or even remove the snaps, but since I love using them in this fashion so much, I don't see that happening.